Last Updated, May 31, 2010.
VidTaggr knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. By visiting VidTaggr, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What personal information about users does VidTaggr gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at VidTaggr. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future browsing for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses VidTaggr or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of VidTaggr on other Web sites.
- Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide some features and browsing preferences.
- The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Does VidTaggr share the information it receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, however we do NOT share any personally identifiable information.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, and providing marketing assistance. They may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional offers: Sometimes we share offers with selected groups of VidTaggr users on behalf of other businesses via your VidTaggr profile page. No personally identifiable information is used.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy additional services for VidTaggr. In such transactions, user information generally is transferred along with the rest of the service or business unit. Also, in the event that VidTaggr LLC, or a substantial part of its assets are acquired, user information will of course be included in the transaction.
What about third-party advertisers?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
VidTaggr also displays personalized third-party advertising based on information you submit to us about movies you own or have taggd. Although VidTaggr does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who bought, watched, taggd or browsed for comedies).
What choices and access do I have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of many VidTaggr features.
- If you do not want to receive updates from us, you may “Unlike” VidTaggr from the “Likes and Interests” section of your Facebook profile.
VidTaggr is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not use VidTaggr without parent or guardian approval.
Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
If you choose to visit VidTaggr, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at VidTaggr, please contact us and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.